By Margaret McCraw
I trust everyone enjoyed a Happy Mother’s Day this past Sunday. I did, since I was with Patsy Scott, Gwen, Caroline and Sra Beth Hood, Buddy, Cindy and Hunter McCraw, in West Memphis, Ark.
Saturday we enjoyed seeing Buddy McCraw’s oldest granddaughter, Gwendy Alexis Windham, wed Casey Rowland in Nesbit. It was a lovely outdoor ceremony with guests seated alongside a large pond and the day couldn’t have been prettier. Gwendy is the daughter of Greg and Marg McCraw Windham of Hernando. We saw a former Ellistownian pastor, Brother Randy Hope and his wife, Cheryl, who is a sister of Greg. We also saw Greg’s other sister Brenda, who is a former Miss DeSoto County. An outdoor tent was set up in the event of rain and as a shelter from the sun. I understand nearly 200 guests had been invited and I bear witness that most of them enjoyed the festivities. There was dinner and dancing following the ceremony. Rains stayed away and a soft breeze was blowing. At sunset a mellow, glowing, romantic moon stood watch over us making the picture complete.
The bride had chosen soft light grey chiffon dresses for her four bridesmaids, accented by soft pink bouquets. Madison Windham, sister of the bride, was maid of honor. The bride’s mother chose a soft light pink chiffon dress matching style with the bridesmaids.
The groom, best man (groom’s brother), and other groomsmen wore medium grey suits with pink flowers accenting their boutonnieres. Gloria Rowland, mother of the groom, and who could have easily passed as a much younger bridesmaid, was fashionably dressed as was Mr. Rowland. Mason and Garren Windham, brothers of the bride, served as ushers. Cousin Maggie McCraw enjoyed being flower girl in her all-white dress accented at the waist by a pink flower. The couple are now in Mexico on their honeymoon.
Three weeks ago, one of Gwendy’s bridal showers was given by Gwen Hood and Madison Windham in the home of Patsy and Gwen in West Memphis, Ark., with the theme being “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.” The invitations were in the signature box shape of Tiffany’s as was the honoree’s special-made cake. Tea biscuits, flavored butters, stuffed pin wheels, two different breakfast casseroles, sausage balls, miniature quiche, yogurt and fruit truffle, miniature cheese cakes and fresh fruit dish were among the delicacies. The choice of coffee, coffee crunch, champagne or mimosas was served. Individual bottles of water, having been dressed in black ribbon wearing white faux pearls, were also served. After a bountiful brunch, games and prizes, under the watchful eye of a life-sized stand-up picture of the late Audrey Hepburn, guests were given sunglasses and a Tiffany’s shaped box filled with chocolate kisses.
I want to wish Buddy and Cindy McCraw a happy thirty-sixth wedding anniversary on Wednesday, May 14.
Also a belated happy birthday to Idell Bridges on Sunday, May 11, and a happy birthday to Jean Roberts on Sunday, May 18.
About New Albany Gazette
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...