Spring arrives about noon tomorrow, according to the official charts, and none too soon for us. It was a difficult winter across the nation, with wretched weather along with record snows and low temperatures in some areas.
Here in Union County, it wasn’t too pleasant, either, but fortunately we avoided the severe ice – and snow – that plagued some southern cities.
But enough about winter. It’s spring and time to conjure up ideas of rebirth, renewal and regrowth. For us, that means thinking about the simple things we can do to improve the look of our property, our city and our county.
First, a general cleanup doesn’t take long, and if we all did it to our own property, our community would look better. Pick up the branches that have fallen during winter, rake up the last of the leaves and get rid of any trash that has accumulated over the cold months.
And second, why not consider planting something new? Our homes – and businesses – could be made more attractive with not much cost. Another tree here, another shrub there, and flowers.
Spring and summer flowers make a community shine. They are not very expensive and perennials come back year after year with a little water and care.
Let’s all vow to do our part, no matter how small, to make our city and our county more attractive this spring.
About New Albany Gazette
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...