TRP to perform ‘Hee Haw Country Christmas’
The Tallahatchie River Players are bringing back an old favorite this Christmas.
The New Albany troupe will perform its inaugural “Hee Haw Country Christmas” at 7 p.m. on Dec. 5 and 6, at the Magnolia Civic Center.
The show will feature some favorite characters from the long-running comedy show telling seasonal jokes and singing Christmas songs.
According to a TRP spokes person, the troupe is looking to revive earlier shows in honor of its upcoming 10th anniversary.
Tickets are $10 and will become available to the public on Monday, Nov. 25, at the New Albany Main Street Association office. Should there be any remaining seats available, the box office will be open at 6 p.m., one hour before the show on both nights.
A portion of the proceeds from the event will go toward “Sharing at Christmas.” Audience members are also asked to bring a new toy for either a girl or boy to be given to the charity. Representatives of TRP ask that these toys not be wrapped.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer