John Edd Hargrove, 68
John Edward Hargrove, 68, of Myrtle, died November 2, 2013 at his home.
He was born February 3, 1945 in New Albany to the late William Nazrie and Rosa Lee Hargrove. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard and retired from Cooper Electrical Controls.
He was talented in various forms of craftsmanship from carving a basket, praying hands, etc., out of peach seeds to building his own house.
He had a great dry wit and was a man of few words. It was known when they were spoken they were full of meaning and many times wit. The few words were most likely due to the fact he never said a negative word about anyone.
The ability and talent John Edd had that surpassed all others was the immensely deep love he had and showed his family. One glance into his eyes and one second wrapped in his arms, without a word spoken, led to a flood of love that filled our hearts. This love which filled our hearts was enough to last a lifetime. For that, we are so grateful.
Services were at 11 a.m. Tuesday Nov. 5, at Macedonia Baptist Church at Myrtle.
He is survived by his wife, Mary Worley Hargrove; one daughter, Amanda “Mandi” McQuary; one son, John Christopher “Christer” Hargrove; one sister, Shirley Hargrove Gaines; five grandchildren: Madison McQuary, Hudson Hargrove, Samuel Hargrove, Mary Morgan Hargrove and Melody Hargrove; two step-grandchildren, who were also dear to him, Hunter McQuary and Hannah McQuary and an ex- son-in-law, Scott McQuary, who has been a tremendous help these past six years.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Gideons.
In honor of Mr. Hargrove’s service to his country, United Funeral Service flew the U.S. Army flag during his service.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...