John Edd Hargrove, 68
John Edward Hargrove, 68, of Myrtle, died November 2, 2013 at his home.
He was born February 3, 1945 in New Albany to the late William Nazrie and Rosa Lee Hargrove. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church. He was a veteran of the National Guard and retired from Cooper Electrical Controls.
He was talented in various forms of craftsmanship from carving a basket, praying hands, etc., out of peach seeds to building his own house.
He had a great dry wit and was a man of few words. It was known when they were spoken they were full of meaning and many times wit. The few words were most likely due to the fact he never said a negative word about anyone.
The ability and talent John Edd had that surpassed all others was the immensely deep love he had and showed his family. One glance into his eyes and one second wrapped in his arms, without a word spoken, led to a flood of love that filled our hearts. This love which filled our hearts was enough to last a lifetime. For that, we are so grateful.
Services were at 11 a.m. Tuesday Nov. 5, at Macedonia Baptist Church at Myrtle.
He is survived by his wife, Mary Worley Hargrove; one daughter, Amanda “Mandi” McQuary; one son, John Christopher “Christer” Hargrove; one sister, Shirley Hargrove Gaines; five grandchildren: Madison McQuary, Hudson Hargrove, Samuel Hargrove, Mary Morgan Hargrove and Melody Hargrove; two step-grandchildren, who were also dear to him, Hunter McQuary and Hannah McQuary and an ex- son-in-law, Scott McQuary, who has been a tremendous help these past six years.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Gideons.
In honor of Mr. Hargrove’s service to his country, United Funeral Service flew the U.S. Army flag during his service.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...