First Choice Holds Holiday Market for the Public
On November 14th, First Choice Center for Women will host its 3rd annual Silent Auction fundraiser at the New Albany Presbyterian Church. “This year we have added a little something different”, reports Lacretia Wilkinson, director. “In addition to our Silent Auction we will host a Holiday Market of 20 vendor booths from local area merchants who handcraft specialty gift items. It will be a great time to kick off your Christmas shopping.”
First Choice is a non-profit medical pregnancy center that offers pregnancy testing, limited obstetrical ultrasound, parenting and baby care classes, as well as post abortion counseling and support groups. All of the services at First Choice are free.
“It takes donations from our supporters and fundraisers like this to meet our yearly budget needs,” states Wilkinson. “Without the support of the community we would not be able to make a difference in the lives of young women, children, and families.”
The Silent Auction and Holiday Market will be held from 4-8 p.m. in the gym behind the New Albany Presbyterian Church. BBQ plates will be for sale for $10 each in the fellowship hall of the church. There is no charge for admission to shop.
Please call First Choice at 534-7061 if you would like more information on the fundraising event or if you would like to donate an auction item.
About Dennis ClaytonI cover high school sports in Union County and occasionally contribute sports articles to sister community newspapers of Journal Inc. I have lived in Union County my entire life and strive to use my articles to promote our players, teams and schools. Follow me on Twitter: @denclayton for scores and updates on our local high school teams.
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...