Sharing at Christmas
Today the Gazette starts its 39th annual Sharing at Christmas push for money to help provide holiday help for families in need in Union County.
Although the Sharing at Christmas program has been sponsored by the Gazette all these years, it really is about the community, not the newspaper.
It’s about all those who provide the money for food and toys through their gifts, and about the many volunteers who do the work purchasing, packing and distributing the boxes.
And it’s about the 200 or so families, some elderly, but many with small children, who will have their holiday brightened by a volunteer at the door with a fresh turkey breast and all the other goodies for a holiday meal or two. Families with elementary school or younger children also may receive a toy for each child.
We don’t claim the program is perfect, but we do make sure that all of the funds contributed are actually used to help people. None of the money goes to administrative costs.
If you’ve contributed to the program in the past, we invite you to do so again. If you’re new to the community or just haven’t gotten around to it in prior years, we urge you to join your neighbors in Sharing at Christmas.
A donation coupon appears in the paper today. Just fill it out and mail it to us or drop it off at the Gazette office.
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...