Golding pleads guilty in Circuit Court
Former Union County coroner Mark Golding pleaded guilty to two counts of criminal information in Tippah County Circuit Court Monday.
Each count contains five years to be served consecutively. Golding will serve four years in prison, with six years suspended.
Golding's case was set to go to the grand jury next week, but he agreed to enter a guilty plea early.
Circuit Court Judge Robert Elliot also ordered that Golding's retirement account be frozen.
State auditor Stacey Pickering's office last week concluded its investigation into false claims submitted by Golding to the Union County Board of Supervisors. Investigators found that Golding owed nearly $400,000 and ordered that he repay the amount – $363,000 of which is owed to the Union County general fund.
Read Wednesday's issue of the New Albany Gazette for more of the story.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...