Baptist health fair
When it’s time for children to go back to school, it’s also time for one of the largest children’s health fairs in Mississippi.
We, of course, are talking about the annual Back to School Health Fair at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County.
More than 1,000 people, including as many as 500 children, are expected to turn out at the hospital from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17 for a free health check, dental check, vision screening and a variety of other activities.
In addition to the screenings, educational information will be available on topics such as internet safety, ATV and bicycle safety, bully prevent and a long list of other activities from face painting to inflatables.
Various emergency medical vehicles will be on display.
The hospital also will be offering free hotdogs, drinks and snacks. School-age children will receive a free backpack.
Nancy Kidd, director of marketing and physician relations at the hospital, said the goal of the fair is to catch early health problems, provide lots of information about nutrition and safety and have fun while doing it.
Many hospital and community volunteers are involved in the program, which is put together by Kidd and Crystal McBrayer from the hospital staff.
This free program is in its 24th year and is another example of how fortunate New Albany is to have a responsible, non-profit hospital in the community.
We appreciate Baptist’s ongoing commitment to a community children’s health fair.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...