Introduction to Mississippi Small Business Development Center
The UCDA will be sponsoring a series of workshops available to the general public and free to the community. Come find out how to apply for one -on-one counseling and benefit from the free services offered from the Mississippi Small Business Development Center. Workshop topics with dates, times and registration can be found at www.mssbdc.org.
This introductory seminar is designed to introduce existing business owners, entrepreneurs, and community leaders to the services offered by business counselors from the Mississippi Small Business Development Center (state office located in Oxford).
The first seminar is August 13, 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. (Networking starts at 8:00 a.m.) at the Magnolia Civic Center.
To register, call (662) 296-3735 or (800) 725-7232 or go online www.mssbdc.org
Presenter Dana Cawthon is a native of New Albany and graduated from W.P. Daniel in 1987. She joined the Air Force after high school to support her dreams of a higher education. She was honorably discharged after four years of service with a National Defense Service Medal and Air Force Good Conduct Medal. After returning from Operation Desert Storm in the Middle East, she focused on her college education.
Cawthon has earned her Bachelors in Accountancy from the University of Mississippi and an Executive MBA (emphasis on economic development) from the University of Denver, Daniels.
School of Business. The last twenty (20+) years was spent learning from most successful business executives in the western region and offering valuable counseling to existing and start-up entrepreneurs. She now returns to the Ole Miss community to begin her journey for a PhD in Business and employment with the Mississippi SBDC. Dana has been an entrepreneur with success in several ventures. Customer service is her top priority. In addition, she works as an advisor to city and county leaders and non-profit organizations.
Participant Benefits: Workshop attendees will receive valuable tools to begin an “actionable” Business Plan for launching a new venture or applying for capital. Follow up with one-on-one business counseling at no cost to you. Appointments are available by calling Dana Cawthon (662)296-3735 or emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Mississippi Small Business Development Centers are here to help Mississippi businesses thrive and grow!
MSBDC is a member of the Mississippi Small Business Development Centers (MSBDC) network. MSBDC has assisted Mississippi businesses since 1981. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Dana Cawthon, 662-296-3735, email@example.com or www.mssbdc.org.
Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...