Farm Service Agency announces county committee election
The Union County Farm Service Agency announces that the election for County Committee member from Local Administrative Area 2 has begun. Landowners and producers of agricultural products may nominate a producer from LAA-2 to serve a 3-year term on the COC, the nomination period started June17 and ends Aug. 1.
LAA-2 includes Ingomar, Bald Hill, Martintown, Blue Springs, Wallerville, New Harmony, Union Hill and Sherman communities.
After nominations are complete election ballots will be mailed on Nov. 4 to all landowners and agricultural producers in LAA-2 to vote their choice of who will represent them on the COC.
Marked election ballots must be received back in the’ FSA office by Dec. 2 and will be counted at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 5. The newly elected COC member will assume duties on Jan. 1, 2014.
About New Albany Gazette
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...