Race tightens for medical examiner post
The race for Union County’s medical examiner position became more populated in recent days as three more residents qualified to run in November’s special election.
Pamela Steward Denham, Wayne Martin and Stephen Robinson have all thrown their hats into the ring, in addition to those who have already qualified.
Previous qualifiers are Rob Anderson, Pam Boman, Lisa Galloway, Steve Grose, Toby Hill, Lee Waldrop, Brenda Whiteside, Sherri Williams and Jonde Zinzer.
According to Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford, Danny Jarvis withdrew his name from the race in recent days for unknown reasons.
The qualifications for being coroner is to be at least 21 years of age and possess either a high school diploma or its equivalent of the county in which he/she seeks election.
The fee for party candidates is $10 and is made payable to the appropriate county executive committee through Union County Circuit Clerk Phyllis Stanford’s office.
The number of signatures required for independent candidates is 50 with no fee required.
Those wishing to pick up the paperwork should go by the Union County Circuit Clerk’s office, located in the Union County Courthouse.
The qualifying deadline is 5 p.m. on Sept. 6, 2013.
About Chris Elkins
- Center Hill Baptist Church news June 28, 2016
- County Road 46 to be closed for several weeks due to bridge work June 28, 2016
- New Albany Fire Department represents city, associations June 28, 2016
- County jobless rate up, but still among lowest June 28, 2016
- MDOT gives sheriff’s department truck for litter collection June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...