A ribbon-cutting was held Friday for Tallahatchie Tumbling and Cheer after its move from downtown to the former Harrison Motors building at 1114 W. Bankhead. Owner Stacy Stepp Peaster said the 9,000-square-foot building will offer more practice space, more parking and they are in the process of preparing an event area with a full kitchen that can be used for weddings, proms, reunions and other events. Classes are offered in competitive cheerleading, squad practice and power tumbling with the school open from 3 to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday. She also has time for other practices, working with squads from New Albany, Myrtle and West Union. She said she is also adding a 30-foot tumbler trampoline. The center now has about 120 students including 24 All-Stars on her competitive team, which will compete in Jackson in October and at nationals in Destin, Fla. in April next year. Her staff includes Jonathan Baldon and Tyler Jackson who both are experienced Ole Miss cheer squad members and Anna Clar Wooley, who has been on the squad at Northeast Mississippi Community College. For information, call 534-5242.
Tallahatchie Tumbling and Cheer at new location
About New Albany Gazette
- Pre-K students at elementary school learn about butterflies September 2, 2015
- Mississippians will vote on educational funding by state Nov. 3 September 2, 2015
- Retail sales, utility fees main sources of city’s income September 2, 2015
- Fixing our streets September 2, 2015
- Sidestepping a honey-do list September 2, 2015
- Honoring all who labor September 4, 2015
- City budget hearing met with late funding requests September 4, 2015
- TVA increasing electricity rates about two percent September 4, 2015
- Animal clinic sign conflict may have compromise settlement September 4, 2015
- Supervisors consider closing section of CR 200 September 4, 2015
- Ward Johnson: I saw your article in the Eau Claire Leader-Telegr...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: I would be more concerned about getting the best, ...
- The Ghost of Col. Reb: This is awesome! What a great way to save money, t...
- Bradley: I think that this is great news. Students will hav...
- Mike Demele: It should be law. However enforcing this is tough...
Coaching Changes cotton states baseball league cotton states high school league east union East Union Basketball East Union Football East Union High School East Union Lady Urchins East Union Softball East Union Urchins feature featured friday night lights Hickory Flat Basketball Hickory Flat High School Hickory Flat Rebels Hotbed Classic Ingomar Basketball Ingomar Falcons Ingomar High School Ingomar Lady Falcons Ingomar Softball Mitchell column Mitchell opinion MS Myrtle Myrtle Basketball Myrtle Hawks myrtle high school Myrtle Lady Hawks Myrtle Softball New Albany New Albany Basketball New Albany Bulldogs new albany football New Albany High School New Albany Lady Bulldogs sports Union County Union County sports West Union Basketball West Union Eagles West Union High School West Union Lady Eagles West Union Softball