Browning takes Myrtle basketball job
The Union County School Board of Trustees appointed former Ingomar standout Rob Browning as the new boys and girls basketball coach at Myrtle last Monday.
Browning, 25, has served the past three seasons at Amory High School, beginning as the Lady Panthers head coach for the 2010-2011 season and taking over both as head boys and girls basketball coach beginning with the 2011-2012 season.
A former member of the Ingomar Falcons’ squad in high school under then-coach Norris Ashley, Browning was an all-state point guard and played in the 2006 state championship.
He later served as a voluntary assistant coach for the Myrtle Hawks during the 2009-2010 season under Jonathan Ashley, while finishing his degree at the University of Mississippi.
Browning will take over his new position this fall, replacing former Myrtle coach Cliff Orman, who recently took over the Ripley Lady Tigers coaching job.
Former Lady Tigers coach Katie Bates left Ripley to take a coaching job at Pine Grove.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...