Sanderson signs with BMC golf
Summer Sanderson, a three-time most valuable player at New Albany High School, has signed a women’s golf scholarship with Blue Mountain College.
“This is a big day for Blue Mountain,” said BMC coach Danny McKenzie.
“Summer was a really good player in high school and she will be able to have an immediate impact on our team. We’re excited that she’s going to join us.”
Sanderson, a 2012 graduate of New Albany High who attended Northeast Mississippi Community College last year, played varsity golf for five years – her eighth-grade year at Booneville and the next four at New Albany.
She qualified for the Mississippi High School Girls Class II Championship all five years and finished in the top 10 here junior and senior seasons.
Sanderson led New Albany to its first division championship her senior year and to a third-place finish in the state tournament.
“Summer is a very good student who has played a lot of competitive golf,” McKenzie said. “We’re looking forward to seeing her play on the next level.”
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...