Frances Lee Neal Kennedy of Tishomingo died Saturday, May 25, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center.
She devoted her time to her family. Her later years were spent enjoying her grandchildren and encouraging them to be successful in life. For the past year and a half, she and her great-grandson, Baby Ty, had become constant companions, loving and encouraging each other. She was a member of Tishomingo Baptist Church.
Graveside services were at 11 a.m. Wednesday, May 29, at Tishomingo City Cemetery at Tishomingo with Mike Deaton officiating. Deaton Funeral Home of Belmont was in charge of arrangements.
Survivors are her husband of 68 years, Dwight Kennedy of Tishomingo; two daughters, Phyllis Whitlock (Paul) of Iuka and Cheryl Hood (Mark) of Blue Springs; five grandchildren, Amy Whitlock, Kinsley Nunley (B.J.), Jon-Paul Whitlock (Kendra), Laken Hood and Trevor Hood; one great-grandson, Ty Nunley; two sisters, Joy Strickland and Eddie Jean Murff; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by a granddaughter, Kimberly Brook Whitlock; her parents, Judson and Audrey Neal; and a brother, Dwight Neal.
Pallbearers were Paul Whitlock, Mark Hood, Jon-Paul Whitlock, Trevor Hood, B.J. Nunley and Barney Dick. Honorary pallbearers were Ty Nunley, Trail Nunley, Kim Dawson, Gene Browning and Larry Greene.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or LeBonheur Children’s Hospital.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...