Weather a factor in community activities
The possibility of bad weather has caused the cancellation of one community activity and may force the relocation or postponement of two more.
The Great American Clean-up, scheduled for this past Saturday morning, was cancelled because of the possibility of rain. Organizers are considering the possibility of having a community clean-up day late one weekday afternoon for those who want to participate, and said they might even see more involvement than on a Saturday morning.
The date will be announced if they do decide to reschedule the event.
The American Cancer Society Relay for Life is scheduled for this Friday, May 10, at BNA Bank Park. Weather forecasts early in the week called for a 60-percent probability of rain Friday so Relay officials said that if rain is a problem the event will be moved to the Union County Fairgrounds where it can be held in the arena.
The Relay is set to start at 6 p.m. with opening ceremonies at 7 p.m., team contests at 7:45, the luminaria service at 9:45 and closing ceremony at midnight.
The Frog-A-Nanny parade, pep rally and ball game were scheduled for this past Thursday and Friday, and were rescheduled because of rain. They are now planned for this Friday, May 10, also.
The parade is to be downtown at 5:45 followed by a pep rally at the courthouse and everyone will then go to BNA Bank Park for the ballgame.
If it is raining Friday, Frog-A-Nanny will be rescheduled a second time to Thursday, May 23 with events to follow the same schedule starting at 5:45. Frog-A-Nanny grew out of the Frog-A-Nal, an event to raise money for the Dean Provence Endowment for Excellence in Education, with the highlight being a tee-ball game for students with severe and multiple disabilities in the city and county school systems.
About New Albany Gazette
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...