ICC-Belden to offer GED again
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”;
The high school equivalency (GED) test will be given at the Itawamba Community College Belden Center (3200 Adams Farm Road), May 1, 8, 15, 22, 25 and 29, beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Prior to testing, all persons not enrolled in an Itawamba Community College-sponsored ABE/GED class will be required to participate in a preregistration/orientation session. Preregistration sessions will be held each Tuesday and Thursday from 1- 4 p.m. or from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Belden Center. Attendance at both of the sessions is required.
Applicants desiring to take the GED test must be 18 years of age and not enrolled in secondary school, and they must have an official withdrawal form from the last school attended. Sixteen- and seventeen-year-olds may be permitted to take the test if they meet certain criteria.
Persons will be admitted to testing upon successful completion of the preregistration/orientation session and presentation of valid government-issued picture identification card, such as a driver’s license or passport. If the card does not include the applicant’s Social Security number, a Social Security card will be required.
The GED has five sections including social studies, science, mathematics, language arts reading and language arts writing. An average score of 450 on each of the five tests and a minimum score of 410 on each of the five tests is necessary to receive the GED certificate. Fees are $15 for each of the five subject areas. Retest fees are also $15 per section.
The GED test is administered on a block schedule. All persons must register in advance to be eligible to test and pay their testing fees no later than Monday, 4 p.m. prior to a Wednesday or Saturday testing. Testing times begin with math at 7:30 a.m.
For more information, contact the ICC GED Department at (662) 407-1510.
Computer-based GED testing is now available at ICC. Persons interested in taking the computer-based GED test rather than the paper/pencil version should call (662) 407-1513 for more information.
About New Albany Gazette
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...