East Union’s Pratt signs with Northeast baseball
Northeast Mississippi Community College head baseball coach Kent Farris has added the tenth athlete to his 2013-14 recruiting class.
Farris got East Union’s Dustin Pratt to sign with the Tigers at a ceremony at the Union County-based high school.
Pratt has been a key member of not only the Urchin baseball team but also the East Union powerlifting and bowling teams as well.
As a member of the 2012-13 Urchin powerlifting team, Pratt helped lead the East Union to the Class 2A State Powerlifting championship.
As a member of the 220-pound class, the 203-pound infielder lifted a total of 1,265 pounds at the Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) State Powerlifting championships in Jackson.
Pratt cleared 510 pounds on the squat, pulled down 265 pounds on the bench press and dead lifted 490 pounds for the Urchins.
On the baseball field, Pratt has helped lift the Urchins to new heights.
Currently, Pratt is hitting .386 with 27 hits in 70 plate appearances for Chris Basil’s Urchins.
Pratt has 17 RBI on the year including a pair of three-RBI outings against Hamilton on April 5 in an 8-5 win over the Lions after turning the trick in a March 1 outing as well for the Urchins.
In addition to his .386 batting average, Pratt has nine doubles and five home runs on the season and has only struck out five times in 80 at bats.
On the year, Pratt has a .462 on base percentage and a .729 slugging percentage.
Pratt has also been a threat on the bases for the Urchins. The East Union senior is 10-for-11 on the base paths during his final campaign for the Urchins and is 23-for-24 in stolen bases after going a perfect 13-for-13 during his junior year.
Pratt has a .975 fielding percentage during his senior and has only committed two miscues all year in 81 chances and has had a hand in turning five double plays for the Urchins.
During his junior season, Pratt hit .347 with 34 hits in 98 plate appearances and scored 37 runs while driving in 28.
Pratt had seven doubles, three triples and five home runs in addition to a .454 on base percentage and a .633 slugging percentage his junior year.
Pratt has been a member of the MHSAA Division 1-2A All Division team, named the team’s most valuable defensive player and has been named to the Crossroads Diamond Club All-Star Game and the Northeast Mississippi Coaches Association for Better Baseball (NEMCABB) All-Star Game.
When not busy powerlifting or playing baseball, Pratt is a member of the East Union bowling team where the Urchins were the state runner-up in 2011-12.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 31, 2016
- Settlemires named to first-ever All-SSAC Faculty Team May 31, 2016
- No reason to be bored here this summer May 31, 2016
- Looks like summer is here May 31, 2016
- County compares favorably to neighbors in several categories May 31, 2016
- Spray park at BNA Bank Park opens for the summer May 31, 2016
- Martintown Road bridge gets first part of new deck May 31, 2016
- Union County jobless rate continue to be among lowest in state May 31, 2016
- Free concert series begins Saturday May 31, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...