East Union finishes second in division
East Union finished the regular season over the weekend and enter the playoffs as the two seed from Region 1-2A after falling at home to Baldwyn, 2-1, on Friday.
Defeating the Bearcats 12-2 on Tuesday, the Urchins needed Friday’s win to wrap up the division title, and held a 1-0 lead going to the final three outs for the Bearcats in the seventh.
In the sixth, Cody Bo Dillard and Tray Davis reached base on an error and single, and Tyler Hutcheson broke the scoreless tie with a single that plated Dillard with two outs.
Down 1-0, the Bearcats loaded the bases on an error, single and a walk and scored two runs on errors by the Urchins.
Hutcheson had three hits to lead the Urchins (14-12, 8-2).
East Union also fell, 11-6, to Booneville on Saturday to close out the regular season.
East Union will take on Potts Camp for the play-in round of the playoffs, beginning on Friday. As the two seed, the Urchins will travel to Potts Camp on Friday night and host the Cardinals at home on Saturday for game two and the if necessary game three of the series.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...