All-County basketball team selected
County coaches met last Thursday, selecting this year’s All-County basketball team, the top players from each school this season.
Headlining the girls’ selections is Mississippi State signee Jazmine Spears, who led the Lady Bulldogs to a county tournament title, regular season division title and a playoff appearance.
The senior led the Lady Bulldogs, averaging 27.8 points per game and 14.9 rebounds per game. She is joined on the All-County team by teammate Erin Michael Carter.
Meshay Cox led the Lady Hawks this season, earning her spot on the team, followed by East Union’s Ashley Leach and Jade Anderson, Ingomar’s Reid Little and Heather Dillard and a trio from West Union, Julianna Garner, Hannah McQuary and Samantha Bridges, who led the Lady Eagles to the county championship game this season.
Based on New Albany and West Union’s appearance in the girls’ title game of the Union County Tournament, each selected an honorable mention for the team, Gracen Conlee from West and Kayla Parker for the Lady Bulldogs.
A group of talented seniors leads the boys’ selections, including Myrtle’s Robert Montgomery and Ingomar’s Henry Foster.
Montgomery led the Hawks with 24.8 points per game as a senior, while Foster led the Falcons with 21.7 points per game.
Also selected from Ingomar was Devonte Williamson and Sam Cobb and for Myrtle, Keon Hampton and Ben Paist rounded out the selections for the Hawks.
New Albany’s selections for the team include Eric Chaney and Jerrell Lipsey, while Chase Taylor represents West Union and a duo from East Union made the team in Dontrell Lattimore and Dustin Hall.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...