Falcons win division opener
Ingomar opened division play with a convincing 17-0 win in five innings over Coldwater on Tuesday.
Coming back from its spring break trip in Florida, the Falcons scored 12 runs in the first inning, capped by an RBI triple from Logan Nobles.
Ingomar recorded 12 hits in the first inning, with Joseph Broom, Chance Maxey and Dylan Speck getting two hits each.
The Falcons extended its lead to 16-0 in the second inning, scoring four runs off RBI hits from Kelton Hall, Speck and Nobles and an error with bases loaded.
Ingomar’s final run came off an error in the fourth inning.Broom and Speck finished with three hits each to lead the Falcons in the win.
Defensively, the Falcons’ pitching staff held Coldwater to only one hit, which came in the fifth inning.
Speck picked up the win, pitching two innings.
Ingomar was scheduled to end the week with a double header against Ashland in division play before hosting Columbus and Houlka in tournament action on Saturday.
Other area scores from Tuesday include East Union defeating Okolona, 10-0. Trey Barkley, Cody Bo Dillard and Jacob Elder each had two hits in the win, while Austin Sanders recorded 14 strikeouts.
West Union defeated H.W. Byers to open division play, 7-4, behind 18 strikeouts from Hunter Jennings.
Myrtle swept Ashland, 24-0 and 17-0, in a double header. Austin Floyd and Brandon Jordan each had three hits, Floyd in the first game and Jordan in the second.
New Albany fell to 7-5 after falling to Lafayette, 14-0, in its first division game. The Bulldogs hosted the Commodores on Thursday.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer