East Union, Ingomar fall at Robertson’s tournament
Ingomar was close to making a big comeback against Alcorn Central, but the Lady Falcons dropped the 55-41 decision in the second game of the 16th annual Robertson’s Sportswear Lady Challenge at North Pontotoc on Saturday.
Down by 15 at the break, Mallory Adair led the Lady Falcons with seven points in the third quarter, and Ingomar outscored the Lady Bears, 24-12, making it a three-point game at the end of the frame after free throws from Heather Dillard.
Kayla Massengill led Alcorn Central with 18 points, eight in the fourth quarter and and scored the first six points for the Lady Bears to open the frame. Alcorn Central outscored the Lady Falcons, 16-5, in the fourth to pick up the win.
Reid Little led Ingomar with 14 points.
Pine Grove 75 East Union 49
The Lady Panthers were hot from behind the three-point arc en route to its win in the first game of the Robertson’s Sportswear tournament.
Pine Grove hit seven three-pointers in the first half, leading 46-19 at the break. The Lady Urchins’ last lead was in the first quarter on a basket by Ashley Leach.
Leach finished with 23 points, followed by Carly Hill with 13 points for East Union.
Bryana Davis led the Lady Panthers with 21 points.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer