Ingomar falls to Southaven at BMC tournament
Ingomar dropped to 9-6 on the year after a 75-47 setback to Southaven in the Jerry Fowler Showcase at Blue Mountain College on Saturday.
The Falcons trailed by seven, 9-2, in the first, and after a time out, cut the deficit to three, 10-7, on a basket by Henry Foster.
Ingomar kept the Chargers’ lead in single digits until late in the first, after a three-pointer by Cordarious Woods put Southaven up, 23-13. The Chargers held Ingomar to only four points in the second quarter, building a 45-17 lead at the half.
Woods led all scorers with 25 points, followed by 13 points from Rashad Dixon and 10 points from Terence Davis.
Henry Foster led Ingomar with 17 points.
The Falcons hosted Coldwater on Tuesday in its division opener and will travel to Myrtle on Friday.
New Albany opens January with big win
Jarel Lipsey led the Bulldogs with 16 points in an 82-37 win over Hickory Flat last Friday.
Leading 23-16 after the first, the Bulldogs’ defense held the Rebels to single-digit scoring in each of the remaining quarters, and the team combined for 18 steals.
Lipsey, Robert Franklin and Bernard Spight each hit three three-pointers, and Franklin finished with 15 points, followed by Spight with 11.
New Albany will travel to Rosa Fort on Friday.
West Union splits weekend games
The Eagles fall to 7-9 after its weekend games against Water Valley and Mantachie.
Chase Taylor scored a game-high 15 points in the 49-44 overtime loss to Water Valley on Friday. Trailing 22-20 at the half, the Eagles out scored the Blue Devils, 17-15, in the second half to force over time, where Water Valley took the win.
Taylor scored 21 points, followed by 18 points from Chase Cooper, in a 74-43 win against Mantachie on Saturday. The Eagles hosted Myrtle on Tuesday and will travel to Mantachie on Friday.
About Chris Elkins
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2
- Capaning to represent New Albany as Boys and Girls Clubs ‘celebrity’ dancer