Tallahatchie Players to present ‘Charlie Brown’ musical
The Tallahatchie River Players are announcing the casting of their Spring musical, “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown.”
Based on the popular “Peanuts” comic strip by Charles Shultz, “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” opened on March 7, 1967 and played for 1,597 performances in New York at the theatre 80 St. Marks with Gary Burghoff in the title role. This version was revived briefly on Broadway in 1971 and played for 32 performances at the John Golden Theatre. A new revival version was presented on Broadway in 1999 and played for 149 performances at the Ambassador Theatre with award-winning performances by Roger Bart and Kristin Chenoweth as Snoopy and Sally.
The cast will include six characters: four male and two female. The cast will also feature a dance line. They are looking for high school age and up.
The project is headed by director John Peter Ford. Auditions will be held on Sunday, Jan. 6, at 2:00 p.m. in the Cine’ Theater of the Magnolia Civic Center in New Albany. All those wishing to audition will be asked to sing a few bars of a song or hymn that is familiar to them. They will also participate in a cold read. For more information about auditions you can contact the director at email@example.com. And for more information about the Tallahatchie River Players you can visit their website http://tallahatchieriverplayers.com/.
About New Albany Gazette
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2