Two men caught after pursuit
Two men will face charges related to an attempted escape from a Mississippi Highway Patrol trooper Thursday in Myrtle.
According to spokesman for the Highway Patrol, the incident began when the trooper stopped to investigate a vehicle located outside a Myrtle business around 4 p.m.
When the vehicle drove off, the trooper gave pursuit, the spokesman said. Shortly after, the vehicle stopped and two men jumped out and made an escape attempt on foot.
One of the men, Laranzo Spencer, 25, of 597 Reaves Rd., in Holly Springs, was arrested quickly, but the other man escaped into the woods.
According to Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards, deputies with his department aided in the hunt for the second man, Royle Strickland, 24, of 309 Strickland, Ashland.
Edwards said Strickland was located and arrested approximately two hours later.
The sheriff said that Spencer will face charges of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute in Marshall County.
Meanwhile, Strickland, the driver of the vehicle, was charged with a DUI, no driver’s license, no proof of insurance, failure to yield to blue lights and making an improper turn.
Edwards said he will also face charges related to manhunt.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...