Sharing at Christmas
Thanksgiving is here, for many of us a time for family gatherings, turkey, pumpkin pie and all the trimmings.
We hope at this time you will be thankful for what you have and also take a moment to share with others as we enter the holiday season.
We are talking about the Gazette’s Sharing at Christmas program, which is in its 38th year of providing food and toys to those in need in Union County.
A week or so before Christmas, volunteers will be fanning out across the county delivering a large food box, which includes everything needed (yes, there’s turkey) for a holiday meal as well as toys for children to about 200 families who have qualified for assistance.
We are quite a distance from our fundraising goal of $15,000. But if those of us who can afford to make a contribution will, we will get there. A donation coupon appears in each issue of the Gazette.
You can fill it out as a regular donation, or as a donation from you or your family in honor of someone you know, or in memory of someone deceased.
We’ll print the names and amounts in each issue. The newest donations always will appear on the top of the list.
Of course, if you prefer your contribution to be anonymous, just check the box on the coupon. We’ll honor your request.
We hope you’ll join the spirit of Thanksgiving by making a donation if you can.
All of us at the Gazette appreciate your support for Sharing at Christmas, which has helped so many through the years.
Have a good Thanksgiving.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...