Local cheerleader to perform in Macy’s and London parades
Megan Rakestraw from Ingomar High School is one of more than 500 high school cheerleaders and dancers from across the U.S. Who will be performing in the world famous London New Year’s Day Parade and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The individuals invited to perform in these events qualified for the trip after being selected as an All-American at one of the summer camps hosted by the Universal Cheerleaders Association (UCA), National Cheerleaders Association (NCA), United Spirit Association (USA), Universal Dance Association (UDA) and National Dance Alliance (NDA). All Americans are selected to try out based on superior cheerleading skills at camps across the country. Rakestraw was selected by the UCA after Ingomar held a private camp at the school during June.
Varsity has been hosting camps since 1974. Since then, they have been leading the way by combing high energy entrtainment with traditional school leadership. Each year, Varsity Brands trains over 325,000 cheerleaders at over 5,000 camp sessions.
Only the top 12% of the cheerleaders who attend varsity summer camps earn the chance to march in these holiday spectaculars. In addition to performing in the London parade, the All-Americans will have the chance to tour London during the seven-day trip.
Rakestraw will hold a fish fry next month to help raise money for the trips. For more information on Rakestraw, visit her website at www.gofundme.com/LilMeg2013.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...