United Way accepts agency applications
Applications will be accepted through Oct. 26, 2012 for non-profit organizations who wish to become a United Way of Northeast Mississippi Agency.
Application forms may be obtained by contacting Shelia McCool, Director of Finance and Funds Distribution for United Way of Northeast Mississippi at 213 West Main Street, Suite 110, Tupelo, Miss. or by calling 662-841-9133.
There are minimum requirements that need to be adhered to in order to apply.
These requirements include: IRS tax exempt status as a 501c3 nonprofit corporation, registered as a nonprofit agency with the Mississippi Secretary of State, agencies must provide health or human service needs not duplicated by an existing agency within the seven counties served by United Way of Northeast Mississippi, agency must be governed by a local volunteer board of directors, which meet at least quarterly, and agencies must be fiscally accountable and adhere to nondiscriminatory policies and practices.
This year United Way of Northeast Mississippi is supporting 69 health and human service agencies.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...