David Thompson Obituary
Jimmy David Thompson, age 67, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Oct. 19, 1944 in Benton County to the late Jim G. Thompson and Celia G. Brock Thompson. He was a clerk for Piggly Wiggly, and an auto mechanic. He loved to travel especially to the Smokey Mountains. He was a member of the Flat Rock Baptist Church.
Services were 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012 at United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Billy Thompson and the Rev. Terry Floyd officiating. Interment was in the Flat Rock Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Shelia Rutherford Thompson of New Albany, a son David Brian Thompson of Memphis, Tenn., four sisters Charlene Floyd (Burnice) of New Albany, Brenda Smith of Waterford, Pat Love (Carl) of New Albany, and Gail Hamblin (Harlon) of Ecru, two brothers Robert Thompson (Diane) and Bobby Thompson (Silvia) both of New Albany, a grandchild Seattle Thompson, and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister Tammy Moore, and a brother-in-law Charles Smith.
Pallbearers were Gary Floyd, Brad Hamblin, D.J. Moore, Neal Thompson, Norman Thompson, and Timothy Stevens. Honorary pallbearers were Mike McCord, Carl Love, Jerry Stevens, Burnice Floyd, Harlon Hamblin, and Paul Childs.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2