David Thompson Obituary
Jimmy David Thompson, age 67, of New Albany, died Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2012 at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Oct. 19, 1944 in Benton County to the late Jim G. Thompson and Celia G. Brock Thompson. He was a clerk for Piggly Wiggly, and an auto mechanic. He loved to travel especially to the Smokey Mountains. He was a member of the Flat Rock Baptist Church.
Services were 2 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23, 2012 at United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Billy Thompson and the Rev. Terry Floyd officiating. Interment was in the Flat Rock Cemetery. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife Shelia Rutherford Thompson of New Albany, a son David Brian Thompson of Memphis, Tenn., four sisters Charlene Floyd (Burnice) of New Albany, Brenda Smith of Waterford, Pat Love (Carl) of New Albany, and Gail Hamblin (Harlon) of Ecru, two brothers Robert Thompson (Diane) and Bobby Thompson (Silvia) both of New Albany, a grandchild Seattle Thompson, and numerous nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a sister Tammy Moore, and a brother-in-law Charles Smith.
Pallbearers were Gary Floyd, Brad Hamblin, D.J. Moore, Neal Thompson, Norman Thompson, and Timothy Stevens. Honorary pallbearers were Mike McCord, Carl Love, Jerry Stevens, Burnice Floyd, Harlon Hamblin, and Paul Childs.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...