Wayne Greer Obituary
Wayne Delaine Greer, 73, of Hickory Flat, died July 24, 2012 at his residence. He was born Sept. 15, 1938 in New Albany to the late William Duncan “W.D.” Greer and Bertha Mae Mann Greer. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department of Transportation with 35 years of service. He was a member of the Cornersville Baptist Church.
Services will be 11 a.m. Friday, July 27, 2012 at the United Funeral Service Chapel with the Rev. Gary Linville officiating. Interment will be in the Cornersville Cemetery in Potts Camp. United Funeral Service is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by a special friend Joan Kennon of Hickory Flat, a sister Mary Jane Greer Robbins (Larry) of Ripley, a brother Bobby Greer (Margaret) of Hickory Flat, a niece Janet Greer D’Amico (Dominic), three nephews David Robbins (Pam), Steven Greer, and Jason Greer, two great nieces Mary Beth Robbins and Giana Grace D’Amico, and two great nephews Brandon Robbins and Brody Robbins.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Pallbearers will be Walter Gadd, Glen Clossitt, David Greer, Jr., Allen Gray, William Byers, James Byers, James Smith, and James Gray.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
About Chris Elkins
- Wilkinson, Urchins shut down Cardinals April 29, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...