Baptist to hold open house for renovated Healthplex
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County is ready to share its newly-renovated health and fitness complex with the public when it hosts an open house this week,
Various renovations have been made at Baptist HealthPlex and these renovations include new exercise equipment, remodeling of locker rooms, new paint jobs, and more.
Baptist invested more than $75,000 in recent renovations to the 33,000-square-foot facility, adding new commercial-grade equipment and remodeling locker rooms. The new fitness machines include Spinner bikes, stairclimbers, treadmills, stationary bikes and a water rower.
The renovations and equipment upgrades are jointly funded by Baptist Union County and the Baptist Memorial Health Care Foundation.
“The recent improvements at the HealthPlex demonstrate our commitment to promoting a healthy community as well as providing a wellness facility that meets the needs of our valued members,” said Samuel Lynd, Baptist Union County assistant administrator.
During August, the new member assessment fee will be waived for anyone wishing to join as a new member. In addition, new members are eligible for a 10 percent discount with the purchase of a prepaid 12-month membership or one month of membership free for those who choose to pay monthly for a 12-month membership.
Baptist HealthPlex opened its doors in 2006 and offers a variety of classes designed to meet the exercise needs of all ages. Programs available include Tai Chi, water aerobics, dance, SPIN, Zumba and cardio sculpting classes, personal training and swimming lessons for children to adults.
“HealthPlex staff is available to help members customize their fitness routine and select classes in order to reach their wellness goals,” said Sandy Bell, HealthPlex director. “We are continuously looking for new classes and training options for our members to help them get the most benefit from their membership.”
There will be an open house hosted by Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County that will be open to the public to unveil the new changes and the newly renovated HealthPlex. The open house will take place from 12:30-2:30 p.m. on Aug. 2, 2012 at the Baptist Union County HealthPlex, located at 121 Fairfield Drive.
For more information, call 662-534-7871, visit www.baptistonline.orgor become a fan of the HealthPlex Facebook page, www.facebook.com/baptisthealthplex.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Hurricane news June 28, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Truck causes power outage, other damage to downtown buildings June 28, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...