Baptist to hold open house for renovated Healthplex
Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County is ready to share its newly-renovated health and fitness complex with the public when it hosts an open house this week,
Various renovations have been made at Baptist HealthPlex and these renovations include new exercise equipment, remodeling of locker rooms, new paint jobs, and more.
Baptist invested more than $75,000 in recent renovations to the 33,000-square-foot facility, adding new commercial-grade equipment and remodeling locker rooms. The new fitness machines include Spinner bikes, stairclimbers, treadmills, stationary bikes and a water rower.
The renovations and equipment upgrades are jointly funded by Baptist Union County and the Baptist Memorial Health Care Foundation.
“The recent improvements at the HealthPlex demonstrate our commitment to promoting a healthy community as well as providing a wellness facility that meets the needs of our valued members,” said Samuel Lynd, Baptist Union County assistant administrator.
During August, the new member assessment fee will be waived for anyone wishing to join as a new member. In addition, new members are eligible for a 10 percent discount with the purchase of a prepaid 12-month membership or one month of membership free for those who choose to pay monthly for a 12-month membership.
Baptist HealthPlex opened its doors in 2006 and offers a variety of classes designed to meet the exercise needs of all ages. Programs available include Tai Chi, water aerobics, dance, SPIN, Zumba and cardio sculpting classes, personal training and swimming lessons for children to adults.
“HealthPlex staff is available to help members customize their fitness routine and select classes in order to reach their wellness goals,” said Sandy Bell, HealthPlex director. “We are continuously looking for new classes and training options for our members to help them get the most benefit from their membership.”
There will be an open house hosted by Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union County that will be open to the public to unveil the new changes and the newly renovated HealthPlex. The open house will take place from 12:30-2:30 p.m. on Aug. 2, 2012 at the Baptist Union County HealthPlex, located at 121 Fairfield Drive.
For more information, call 662-534-7871, visit www.baptistonline.orgor become a fan of the HealthPlex Facebook page, www.facebook.com/baptisthealthplex.
About Chris Elkins
- UPDATE: Gazette moving to new location today April 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 4, 2016
- Being a mother is the best May 4, 2016
- Graduation rates looking up May 4, 2016
- Baptist Union County recognizes nurse who performs above and beyond expectations May 4, 2016
- City schools hope to weather governor’s, legislature’s budget cuts May 4, 2016
- Supervisors name new youth court referee, E-911 director May 4, 2016
- Deputies receive training in emergency control of trauma bleeding May 4, 2016
- Plenty to do this weekend May 4, 2016
- Herman J. Maxey May 4, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...