Linville resigns from NA schools
Heather Linville has resigned as an assistant principal at New Albany Elementary School.
The New Albany Schools Board of Trustees accepted her resignation at a special called board meeting July 19. Several personnel changes were approved at that time.
Her resignation, which was effective immediately, came only 19 days into the new contract year for administrators in the district. She was beginning her second year as an assistant principal at the elementary school.
Jackie Ford, interim superintendent, said he could not comment on the resignation because it is school policy not to discuss personnel issues.
In her resignation letter to the board, she said she was resigning for personal reasons, he said.
Linville and her husband, Gary, are among several owners of The Warehouse, a fish and steak restaurant scheduled to open Friday on Carter Avenue.
At the restaurant, she said she plans to focus more time on her family and the restaurant, but hopes to return to education at some point.
Ford said the district plans to find a retired administrator willing to fill in at the elementary school for the new school year.
“To move someone permanently into the job the week before school starts is not a good idea,” he said.
Ford said the district likely will advertise the job next February, interview in March, and hope to have someone ready to start by June 1.
Windy Faulkner, principal at New Albany Elementary, said there are two assistant principal positions at the school and the job duties are split by grade level.
Kristen Richey is the assistant for grades 3 through 5; Linville was the assistant for kindergarten through grade 2, Faulkner said.
In addition to her time as an assistant principal, Linville taught English for six years at New Albany Middle School. She graduated from Blue Mountain College and has a master’s degree in education leadership from the University of Mississippi.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...