Hall, Maxey commit to NEMCC baseball
Easton Hall and Mason Maxey both committed to play for the Northeast Mississippi Community College baseball team on Friday, May 18 at New Albany High School.
Hall played as a first baseman and utility player for the Bulldogs under head coach John Walker and was a Division 2-4A All-State Player of the Year, Division 2-4A Offensive Most Valuable Player, Division 2-4A first team Super 20 selection, and was the Bulldogs overall Most Valuable Player in 2012.
Hall had a .523 batting average during his senior campaign while boasting a .602 on base percentage to go along with his .730 slugging average.
Hall also played football for New Albany where he was honored as a Division 2-4A first team selection.
Maxey played in the outfield and on the mound for the Bulldogs. Maxey excelled on the mound during his final year at New Albany and was selected as the Division 2-4A Pitcher of the Year and to the Division 2-4A first team.
Maxey was a member of the Bulldog football squad as well and was selected to the District 2-4A All-State second team.
“Both of these guys are well deserving of moving on to play college baseball,” Walker said. They were leaders in our program and for them to get the opportunity to play at the next level is a great opportunity for them.”
About Chris Elkins
- Going to the ‘Ship’ May 18, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...