Robert Henry Floyd obituary
MSG (Ret.) Robert Henry Floyd, 86, of Phenix City, Ala. died Sunday, April 15, 2012 at Bill Nichols State Veteran’s Home in Alexander City, Ala.
A memorial service with full military honors was held at 10 a.m., Thursday, April 19, 2012 at Ft. Benning Main Post Cemetery, Ft. Benning, Ga. with Pastor Whitman officiating, according to Colonial Funeral Home, 613 14th St. Phenix City, Ala.
He was born Feb. 19, 1926 in Myrtle to the late Maggie Martin Floyd and Grover C. Floyd. He retired after 28 years of service in the U.S. Army having served during the World War II, Korea and Viet Nam. He received World War II Victory Medal, European African Middle East Campaign Medal, Korean Service Medal with one Silver Star, Combat Infantry Badge, United Nations Service Medal, Army Occupation Medal, American Campaign Medal, Army Commendation Medal with OLC, Vietnam Service Medal with 3 Bronze stars, National Defense Service Medal with OLC, 6 Overseas Service bars, Bronze Star Medal (1st OLC), Presidential Unit Citation.
After his retirement from the Army he was a Deputy Sheriff for Muscogee County and later retired as a security guard for First Florida Bank in Tampa, Fl. He loved to travel around the United States.
Survivors include his wife of 32 years June P. Floyd, daughter, Susan Floyd; step-sons, Ernest Wilson wife Jeanne, Paul Wilson and Kenneth Wilson; step-daughter, Cheryl Wilson; sisters, Olivia Smith and Margaret Harden, three grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...