Lady Eagles take division lead in 2-1A
West Union placed itself in good position in Region 2-1A, defeating rivals Myrtle and Ingomar, giving the Lady Eagles the early edge in the race for the division title.
After defeating the Lady Hawks in a make-up game last Saturday, 12-7, West Union wasted no time putting away the Lady Falcons, 10-0, in five innings on Monday.
“I think Saturday, we just had a long layoff and it took us some time to get going against Myrtle,” West Union coach Lisa Bogue said.
“That was our first day to even pick up a ball since the Monday before due to rain and other things. That actually helped us for today, because we would have been off that much longer if we didn’t get that game in. That definitely helped us today.”
Hannah McQuary, Bailey Bogue, Julianna Garner and Ashley Hatton put the Lady Eagles on the board in the first with RBI hits, giving the Lady Eagles a 6-0 advantage.
Garner, who finished with two hits, brought in two more runs in the third off of her second single, and an error brought in the ninth run. Gracen Conlee drove in the final run in the fifth inning.
Brittany Taylor held the Lady Falcons to one hit in the game, a single by Kate Webb in the third inning, and finished with five strikeouts in the complete game win.
The win completes a tough stretch for the Lady Eagles, but it is one they will face once more next week, playing the same two teams back-to-back before the start of the playoffs.
“We were dreading it going into it because it’s two tough teams to play back-to-back without any rest or preparation going into it, and we’re definitely glad they’re over with now,” Bogue said.
Both teams are slated to play Blue Mountain later this week.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...