West Union pounds Falkner, 23-3
One bad inning on defense did not define the Lady Eagles, as West Union pounded Falkner, winning 23-3 in five innings on Saturday.
Falkner came out scoring three runs off one hit and two West Union errors, but that deficit was erased quickly in the bottom half of the inning, as the Lady Eagles scored six runs.
“We had scattered brains early on, our minds were not focused, and I think they figured out quick that this team was here to play and play hard, so they had to step it up. They did, and I’m proud of them for that,” coach Lisa Bogue said.
The Lady Eagles scored in each inning, led by three hits from Julianna Garner and Bailey Bogue. Doubles were hit by Bogue, Noemi Naranjo and Jesslyn Brewer, and Bogue also hit a triple in the third inning. West Union capitalized off of nine errors by Falkner, and on defense, Brittany Taylor allowed one hit and one walk with seven strikeouts.
Now at 11-6 (3-0) the Lady Eagles will travel to Myrtle on Tuesday for a battle of unbeatens in division play.
“We’ll have to practice and get ready for that game at Myrtle,” Bogue said. “It will be a challenge for us. “
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...