Support community events
If you have passed by the Magnolia Civic Center recently, I hope you have noticed the attractively decorated front windows. These window displays were designed by Ms. LeeAnn Thompson’s senior art students. In addition to showcasing the artistic talents of these students, the displays announce two exceptional upcoming performances.
Jazz Lite Orchestra will return to the Cine’ on Sunday, March 25 to lend their talents in fundraising efforts for New Haven Center for Special Needs Adults. Joining these professional musicians will be High Hopes, New Haven’s own chorus under the direction of Lanta Craig. This event marks the 50th anniversary of the first year students were served at New Haven. In conjunction with the program, the annual Faith, Hope, and Love awards will be presented, as well as a special recognition award. The program begins at 2 p.m. Reserved seat tickets are on sale at Main Street/UCDA for $10. Proceeds will be used to meet the needs of the New Haven clients.
On Sunday afternoon, April 1, the Tupelo Symphony will present A Broadway Salute to the Troops. We are so very fortunate to host these musicians who live and perform all over the country. The New Albany High School ROTC color guard will open the program. The $15 ticket for a comparable program is far less than you would pay in Tupelo, Oxford, or Memphis. A volunteer group has solicited funds to sponsor the symphony in New Albany, which begins at 2 p.m. Reserved seat tickets are on sale at Main Street/UCDA.
These two events need and deserve our support. The future of performances like these in our community will primarily be determined by attendance. Therefore, if you value events like these and want to ensure they continue, please buy a ticket and attend.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...