Ruby Dale Potts Hollingsworth, 93, of Potts Camp, died Feb. 27, 2012 at Sunshine Health Care, Inc., in Pontotoc.
She was a member of the First United Methodist Church, a community correspondent for The South Reporter for approximately 30 years, a known genealogist for the area, author of a book “Memories of Potts Camp on the Old Pontotoc Trail,” a great-great-granddaughter of Col. Erasmus and Elizabeth Brownlee Potts, the first settlers of Potts Camp.
Services were held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012 at United Funeral Service in New Albany with visitation for one hour prior to the service. Interment was in the Potts Camp Cemetery.
Survivors include two sons, Jimmy L. Hollingsworth (Martha) of Tupelo, and Dr. Dan Potts Hollingsworth (Elizabeth) of Demorest, Ga.; a daughter, Betty Hollingsworth Greer (David) of the Cornersville community; nine grandchildren, Vickie Lea Winter (Earl), David Hollingsworth (Teresa), Sonya Kidd (Greg), Tracy Pipkin (Bobby), David Greer, Jr. (Amy), Dr. Liesa Harte, Luke Hollingsworth, Clark Hollingsworth and Jake Hollingsworth; 10 great-grandchildren: Skylar Brooke Griffin, David Greer III, Mary Greer, Hannah Greer, Lilah Shepherd, Julia Blond, Mireille Blond, Olivia Blond, Nathan Blond and Lewis Blond.
She was preceded in death by her parents, James Benton and Mae Harris Potts; her husband, L. D. Hollingsworth; brothers, James Potts, Charles L. Potts, and Bennie Potts and sister, Ann Potts Hill.
Memorial contributions may be made to the First United Methodist Church in Potts Camp or a church of your choice.
About Chris Elkins
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes May 27, 2016
- Museum Madness children’s discovery program will start June 20 May 27, 2016
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball May 29, 2016
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules May 27, 2016
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests May 27, 2016
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival May 27, 2016
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2 May 27, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bogue signs with Blue Mountain College softball
- Memorial Day to affect operating hours, service schedules
- Police continue drug fight with series of arrests
- Winners in the 2016 Mississippi Bluegrass Championships at the Down From the Hills Heritage Music festival
- Library’s annual summer reading program for children begins June 2