Lady Eagles defeat Lewisburg
Julianna Garner scored a game-high 32 points, as the Lady Eagles defeated Lewisburg, 66-57, during the West Union Challenge on Saturday.
The Lady Patriots led early thanks to three triples from Rachel Johnson, who finished with 20 points to lead Lewisburg.
Gracen Conlee scored 12 of her 16 points in the first half off four three-pointers, while Garner scored 10 of West Union’s 18 second quarter points, giving the Lady Eagles a 32-24 lead at the break.
Lewisburg came within two points in the third quarter, but a three by Brittany Taylor at the end of the frame put West Union ahead by eight, and the Lady Eagles gradually pulled away in the fourth quarter for the win.
Samantha Bridges scored 12 points for West Union, who hit six three-pointers in the win.
Lakisha Kelly followed Johnson with 19 points for Lewisburg.
Lewisburg 71 West Union 38 (boys)
The Patriots used an early second quarter run to pull away from West Union in the tournament’s final game, 71-38.
Jim Russell kept the Eagles close in the first quarter, hitting a three to open the game, finishing with seven points in the frame.
Lewisburg opened the second quarter on an 11-0 run, led by eight points from Hunter Wilson, to lead 28-10 and outscored the Eagles, 20-9, to end the first half.
Alex Arnold scored nine of his 18 points in the third quarter and was followed by Wilson with 11 points and Zack Jorgensen with 10 points.
Russell led West Union with 17 points followed by Austin Harkness with nine points.
West Union will next play at East Union on Nov. 29.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...