BNA Bank to host 22nd annual River Run 5K
The 22nd Annual BNA Bank Tallahatchie River Run 5K and _ mile Fun Run will be held Saturday, September 24 in coordination with the Tallahatchie RiverFest in downtown New Albany. The employees of BNA Bank, who make-up the race committee, are actively working to make this race the best 5K in North Mississippi. They are proud to announce several new improvements to this year’s race.
“The employees of BNA Bank work very hard to make the Tallahatchie River Run a quality race that runners want to participate in year after year,” said Amanda Kent, BNA Bank Marketing Director and race director. “One of the improvements I’m most excited about is that this year participants in the 5k will receive a tech race shirt instead of a cotton t-shirt. This is a big bonus for many runners.”
In addition, The BNA Bank Tallahatchie River Run 5k Course is now Mississippi Track and Field Certified. “Basically, this means our course has been certified for distance and accuracy in the event a runner sets a state record on our course,” said Kent. “We are proud of this certification.”
The Tallahatchie River Run is always a great community event that the public supports in great number. The running community in New Albany has grown tremendously over the last few years and race organizers are excited about a possible record breaking number of runners. Therefore, Kent is encouraging the community to come out and cheer the runners on this year.
“At many area North Mississippi races, homeowners along the race course come out and cheer the runners on,” said Kent. “It really adds to the atmosphere of the race and the runners really enjoy it. The Gum Tree 10K always has many spectators and fans along the race course, with some even “tailgating” out in their front lawns. It is great!”
The Tallahatchie River Run race committee would like to encourage anyone who lives along the racecourse to come outside! Cheer the runners on!
The _ mile Fun Run begins at 8 a.m. It starts and ends in front of BNA Bank downtown. The 5k race begins at 8:30 a.m. on the Tallahatchie River Bridge and ends in front of BNA Bank downtown. A map of the course can be viewed in the newspaper or on www.tallahatchieriverfest.com or www.bnabank.com or www.racesonline.com. Some of the fastest runners will complete the course in less than twenty minutes. The course will be open for one hour to allow time for walkers to finish.
After the race, fans and runners can join the festivities around the Courthouse lawn for the Tallahatchie RiverFest. This event, celebrating the visual, literary, and performing arts, features a variety of local, regional and national entertainment. Activities and entertainment for all ages will be free to attendees. An estimated 8-10,000 people attended the festival each year. Be sure to plan to stay for the FREE Saturday evening concert featuring Mississippi’s own, Steve Azar!
For more information about the River Run, call 662.534.8171 or log on to www.bnabank.com.
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- Hurricane news May 24, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 24, 2016
- Macedonia news May 24, 2016
- Chism wins UBBI scholarship May 24, 2016
- Senior Citizens Day May 24, 2016
- New Haven Center says thanks with annual fish fry May 24, 2016
- County supervisors begin to see first of annual budget requests May 24, 2016
- Emerald furniture plant about ready for production May 24, 2016
- Reminder about Memorial Day schedule changes May 24, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...