Tax political signs
I have witnessed on more then one occasion one of our “city officials” pulling up someone’s yard sale sign and tossing it in the back of his pick-up, yet the politicians can cover any vacant lot, street corner and any other place of their choosing with their signs.
Nothing is said or done about it. Are they both not doing the same thing, advertising? The people with the yard sale have to purchase a permit in order to have one. Let’s do this: Put a sign fee on every political sign that is put up; the city could use the money and it just might clean up our city somewhat. Betcha they won’t do it!
Gary D. Weathers
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...