Pickens runs for 1st District Supervisor
Dwight “Peanut” Pickens is announcing his candidacy for re-election to Union County’s 1st District supervisor seat.
Pickens is a graduate of Myrtle Attendance Center and has lived in the county most of his life. He is married to the former Betty Merrit and together they have three children and seven grandchildren. He is a member of New Hope Baptist Church in Myrtle, where he is a Sunday school teacher of teens.
Pickens serves on the New Albany Main Street Association Board, as well as the Union County Development Association Board of Directors.
Pickens said his first term as supervisor has given him the experience needed to better serve the county if elected to a second term.
“Experience is greatly needed to perform our duties,” Pickens said. “I will promise to the good people of the 1st district that I will do everything possible to do the best job I can for them.”
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...