School districts set remaining make-up days
Both Union County and New Albany School Districts have released their schedule for making up the five days missed due to inclement weather this year.
For Union County, the Board of Trustees voted Monday to set Saturday, April 2 as a 60 percent day. According to Union County School District Superintendent Ken Basil, this day would be used as a chance for teachers to focus strictly on state testing preparation.
In addition, the board also decided to accept a proposal to extend each school day to 4 p.m. from April 4 through 21. The board had voted in February to use Feb. 21, April 25 and May 26 and 27 as make-up days as well.
The New Albany School District also chose to extend several school days as well in order to make up school days.
The New Albany school board voted Monday have decided to add 50 minutes to seven different Wednesdays – March 9, March 23, March 30, April 6, April 13, April 20 and April 27. On those specific days, the students will get out at the following times at each of the schools: 3:48 p.m. at the elementary school, 3:55 p.m. at the middle school, and 3:46 p.m. at the high school.
In February, the New Albany board of trustees had selected Feb. 21, April 25 and May 27 as makeup days, but selected Saturday, Feb. 26 as a 60 percent day.
Angie Barmer contributed to this story.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...