Union Co. man dead after shooting
The Itawamba County Sheriff’s Department continued the investigation into the death of a Union County man, whose body was found in the Evergreen Community Wednesday afternoon.
Itawamba County Sheriff Chris Dickinson said that Stephen Bullwinkle, 33, of Union County, was found dead at 12:45 p.m. Wednesday on New Chapel Road.
According to Dickinson, early indications were that Bullwinkel died as the result of a single gunshot wound to the chest. Investigators were able to identify Bullwinkel because they found his car nearby.
Bullwinkel was also the suspect in a home invasion that occurred early Wednesday morning in Tippah County.
Dickinson said that Bullwinkel allegedly held his former wife and another person hostage at her home. He then allegedly left the scene with her credit card and used it to make purchases in Blue Mountain and Tupelo.
Dickinson said that a crime scene unit and deputies with the Itawamba County sheriff’s department were on the scene at New Chapel Road to shed some light on the circumstances that led to Bullwinkel’s death.
His body will be sent to Jackson for an autopsy, Dickinson said.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...