Nichols pleads guilty, sentenced to five years probation
New Albany boys' soccer coach Taylor Nichols pleaded guilty Thursday to charges of touching a child for lustful purposes while occupying a position of trust.
According to Mississippi’s 3rd District Attorney Ben Creekmore, Nichols, 25, was sentenced to 15 years in prison and five years probation. Because he pleaded guilty to the charge, however, the 15 years in prison was suspended.
Nichols has also been required to register as a sex offender and avoid contact or identification with the alleged victim.
He was arrested late Sunday night after being accused of kissing a female student at New Albany High School. Sources said that the female student is a junior.
Nichols was also placed on administrative leave from his position as coach and 10th grade history teacher.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse May 17, 2016
- Eastern Lights May 19, 2016
- The Playhouse May 19, 2016
- River Players to present comedy-murder mystery next week May 19, 2016
- Myrtle Church to host Dave Ramsey financial series May 19, 2016
- Making History: Urchins win first state title in baseball May 21, 2016
- City wants residents to be aware of yard sale, sign regulations May 19, 2016
- Farmers’ Market opens June 4 May 19, 2016
- Downtown area getting new parking lot May 19, 2016
- More graduation ceremonies Friday night, Saturday May 19, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...