Nichols pleads guilty, sentenced to five years probation
New Albany boys' soccer coach Taylor Nichols pleaded guilty Thursday to charges of touching a child for lustful purposes while occupying a position of trust.
According to Mississippi’s 3rd District Attorney Ben Creekmore, Nichols, 25, was sentenced to 15 years in prison and five years probation. Because he pleaded guilty to the charge, however, the 15 years in prison was suspended.
Nichols has also been required to register as a sex offender and avoid contact or identification with the alleged victim.
He was arrested late Sunday night after being accused of kissing a female student at New Albany High School. Sources said that the female student is a junior.
Nichols was also placed on administrative leave from his position as coach and 10th grade history teacher.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- Miranda Mora: my boss was needing CMS-40B earlier today and saw ...
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...