New Albany soccer coach charged with misconduct involving a student
New Albany High School boys' soccer coach Taylor Nichols has been accused of having improper relations with a student.
Nichols was arrested and charged Sunday night with touching a child for lustful purposes while occupying a position of trust.
District Attorney Ben Creekmore told reporters that the arrest came following the investigation of an accusation made by the student last week. Taylor is alleged to have kissed the student.
Nichols is in his third year as head coach of the boys' soccer team and as an assistant coach with the girls' soccer team. He also coaches cross country and teaches history to 10th graders.
New Albany School District Superintendent Charles Garrett released a brief statment to the press late Tuesday evening.
“The matter is under investigation,” Garrett said. It is a personnel matter and, as such, we are unable to comment at this time.”
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...