Three charged with armed robbery
Three New Albany men have been charged in connection with the robbery of Sonic Drive-In late Monday evening.
John C. Anderson, 21, of 1228 County Road 88, Richard D. Duncan, 18, and Dujaun Foote, 25, both of 1108 County Road 87, Lot 1 were charged with armed robbery.
According to New Albany Police Chief David Grisham, the Sonic Drive-In manager was locking up and leaving the building with the bank deposit when she was met by two males pointing a pistol at her.
“They took the bag of money, got into a vehicle and ran down the railroad tracks,” Grisham said. “Officer Brent Baker spotted a vehicle crossing the railroad tracks at a high rate of speed and he followed. When he stopped the vehicle near Bonds Sporting Goods, he found the three males inside.”
Grisham said Anderson, who was an employee of Sonic, was the driver of the vehicle.
“He called the other two and told them that [the restaurant] had had a good night,” Grisham said. “He told them what time the manager would be leaving to deposit the money.”
Grisham said that the bag filled with an indeterminate about of money for the deposit was recovered in the vehicle.
Bond was set at $50,000 for all three subjects.
About Chris Elkins
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Macedonia news June 28, 2016
- Excel By 5 materials now available at Jennie Stephens Smith Library June 28, 2016
- Happy Fourth of July June 28, 2016
- People may forget price of freedom June 28, 2016
- Bulldogs finish second at Saltillo 7v7 soccer tournament June 29, 2016
- Special session won’t help county June 28, 2016
- Only one issue of Gazette this week June 28, 2016
- Offices to close, service schedules change for July 4 holiday June 28, 2016
- Section of Bankhead Street closed this week June 28, 2016
- BRYNN11SCHMIDT: my family was looking for CMS-40B earlier today an...
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...