Let Ole Miss run the university
An effort by a state legislator to require Ole Miss to return Colonel Reb as the university on-field mascot and specify what music the marching band should play has died in the Mississippi House.
The bill was a divisive proposal to resurrect an issue that the university administration already has dealt with.
The university has made many changes in recent years to improve its academic stature and its image among the nation’s public universities.
Having the legislature start meddling in the internal affairs of Ole Miss would be a major mistake.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...