Graysen Matthew Mitchell, 15, of Myrtle, died Jan. 7, 2011 at his home.
Graysen was a blessing to all who came in contact with him with his uplifting spirit despite his life struggles. He will be dearly missed by all who love him. He was born July 24, 1995 in Jackson, MS to Dr. Greg Mitchell and Christina L. Mitchell. He enjoyed electronics, especially working on computers, using his iPhone, playing xbox, and working with robotics. He also liked riding his 4-wheeler and horseback riding. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church and has long been secure in the knowledge of his future.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011 at United Funeral Service with Rev. Louie Williams and Rev. Giles Lindley officiating. Interment will be in Vista Memorial Park in New Albany.
Survivors include his parents, Dr. Greg and Christina L. Mitchell of Myrtle; two brothers, Gavin James Mitchell and Garen Luke Mitchell, both of Myrtle; his paternal grandparents, Aubrey and Mary Anne Mitchell of McComb and Fae Berry of Moselle; and his maternal grandparents, Glenn and Joyce Landrum of Lucedale, MS. He is also survived by his Godparents Ken and Monica Howell of Orlando, Fl. and his Nanny GIna of New Albany.
Pallbearers will be Dave Cherry, David Rainey, Chuck Browning, Eric Landrum, Kenny Howell, Dylan Lee, Ryan Williams and Dr. Don Barnett.
Visitation was from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorials be made to either Catchadream.org, P.O. Box 6280, Mississippi State, MS 39762 or Union County Schools-Graysen Mitchell fund, c/o BNA Bank, P.O. Box 811, New Albany, MS 38652.
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...