Epting leads BMC in TSAC championships
Led once again by Tuesdae Rowland and Austin Epting, Blue Mountain College raced to a second- and third-place finishes in the TranSouth Athletic Conference Championships here Saturday.
Rowland finished second to Allison Martin of Union University in the 31-runner women’s championship, while Epting trailed only Alex Brett and Edwin Kurgat of Union in the 35-runner men’s 8k title race.
Martin won the women’s 5k with a time of 19:19, while Rowland rand a 19:51. In the men’s race Union’s Brett posted an 8k time of 26:04, one second faster than teammate Kurgat. Epting finished with a time of 26:28.
Union swept both TSAC team titles. The Lady Toppers finished second, followed by Bethel and Freed Hardeman. In the men’s race, Bethel Bethel was second, BMC third, Freed Hardeman fourth, and Trevecca Nazarene fifth.
All the Lady Toppers runners finished in the top 15 and three — Rowland, Magan Wilburn and Emma Baxter — were named to the all-conference team. In the men’s competition, all the BMC runners finished in the top 19 and Epting was named All-TSAC.
In the women’s race, Wilburn was fifth with a time of 20:38, Baxter was seventh (20:56), Stephanie Dillard 11th (21:37), Mary Chunn 12th (21:38), Beth Goolsby 14th (21:58), and Ashlee Grisham 15th (22:05).
In the men’s race, Richard Fiest was 8th (27:45), Derek Scott 15th (28:30), Hunter Flanagan 16th (28:48), Nathan Young 17th (29:31), and Casey Bales 19th (29:55).
About Chris Elkins
- Eastern Lights May 27, 2016
- Center Hill Baptist Church news May 31, 2016
- Settlemires named to first-ever All-SSAC Faculty Team May 31, 2016
- No reason to be bored here this summer May 31, 2016
- Looks like summer is here May 31, 2016
- County compares favorably to neighbors in several categories May 31, 2016
- Spray park at BNA Bank Park opens for the summer May 31, 2016
- Martintown Road bridge gets first part of new deck May 31, 2016
- Union County jobless rate continue to be among lowest in state May 31, 2016
- Free concert series begins Saturday May 31, 2016
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...
- Aaron: Here is the problem: It is one thing for the legi...
- Jesusismyquarterback: They would have to drag it the last 40 miles...