Epting leads BMC in TSAC championships
Led once again by Tuesdae Rowland and Austin Epting, Blue Mountain College raced to a second- and third-place finishes in the TranSouth Athletic Conference Championships here Saturday.
Rowland finished second to Allison Martin of Union University in the 31-runner women’s championship, while Epting trailed only Alex Brett and Edwin Kurgat of Union in the 35-runner men’s 8k title race.
Martin won the women’s 5k with a time of 19:19, while Rowland rand a 19:51. In the men’s race Union’s Brett posted an 8k time of 26:04, one second faster than teammate Kurgat. Epting finished with a time of 26:28.
Union swept both TSAC team titles. The Lady Toppers finished second, followed by Bethel and Freed Hardeman. In the men’s race, Bethel Bethel was second, BMC third, Freed Hardeman fourth, and Trevecca Nazarene fifth.
All the Lady Toppers runners finished in the top 15 and three — Rowland, Magan Wilburn and Emma Baxter — were named to the all-conference team. In the men’s competition, all the BMC runners finished in the top 19 and Epting was named All-TSAC.
In the women’s race, Wilburn was fifth with a time of 20:38, Baxter was seventh (20:56), Stephanie Dillard 11th (21:37), Mary Chunn 12th (21:38), Beth Goolsby 14th (21:58), and Ashlee Grisham 15th (22:05).
In the men’s race, Richard Fiest was 8th (27:45), Derek Scott 15th (28:30), Hunter Flanagan 16th (28:48), Nathan Young 17th (29:31), and Casey Bales 19th (29:55).
About Chris Elkins
- The Playhouse June 21, 2016
- Raineses to celebrate 50th wedding anniversary June 23, 2016
- Eastern Lights June 23, 2016
- Ellistown Breezes June 23, 2016
- It’s time for back-to-school vaccines June 23, 2016
- Urchins sink the Vikings with huge fourth June 23, 2016
- East Union wins regional opener in NEMCABB June 23, 2016
- County schools ask for 4 percent tax hike June 23, 2016
- A head of his class June 23, 2016
- Festival to include music, patriotism June 23, 2016
- janifar soloman: Our experts know all the perfect way to solve your...
- GerryGorel820: I totally agree with the all questions you raised....
- PHYLLIS OPPERMAN: Savvy suggestions , I Appreciate the facts - Does ...
- 2DonaldBrick: Nice blog post - I am thankful for the points . Do...
- Christy White Shannon: you do an awesome job Dennis Clayton!!!!...